Real and virtual-pixel screen is the corresponding.
Simply, real pixel is each LED of three red-green-blue LED which constitute a screen display is only involved in the use of an imaging pixel, in order to obtain sufficient brightness
Virtual screen is to use software algorithms to control the LED of each color to participate in the final number of adjacent pixels of the image, making the lamp with less LED to achieve greater resolution, it can increase about four times resolution.
As we all know, the largest cost is Led chip for Led display, one of our target is that we can save the cost but do not less the brightness. The virtual technology is a development direction. The virtual technology is not a simple tube to participate in imaging, it impact much for the brightness, gray. It requires the control system coordinate with the driver chips, to use the software algorithms and driver chips to combine response time, to save the Led cost but do not less the brightness.
1. Control system
1) The entire screen is not bright or grid
Control of the host open whether or not
Communication line is plugged or not
Sending card has been plugged or not
The data line of multimedia card, capture card, sending card is connected well or not.
The switch position of JP1 or JP2 card is not ok¡±,open the host
The communication line plugged well
To re-insert the sending card
Connect the lines well of the multi-media card, collection card, sending card.
Adjusting the JP1, JP2 switch location
The protection of a computer monitor is good or not or display screen is black or blue. (Synchronous Screen)
2) Every time when start LED control system is not able to find COM port to send data between the signal,the acquisition card line is not connected or the computer COM itself is defective. Connected to the data line or replace the computer
3) The whole screen shake or double image, " to check the data line between the computer and screen.
Check the DVI cable between multimedia card and sending card
"Sending card is defective"please reinsert or replace the signal cable, to reinforce the port of DVI cable, or replace the sending card.
2. Drive part
1) Module can not light
Horizontal direction of few modules do not light, check the normal and abnormal module cable connection is well or not.
Or 245 chip is ok or not.
Vertical direction of few modules do not light, check the power supply of this line is ok or not.
+5V or GND is supplied or not.
+5V or GND is short-circuit or not
2) The horizontal direction of modules or the corresponding module is not bright or abnormal display
To check the foot of corresponding module is pin-line signal leakage or welding, To check the signal on the line, the next is no welding or resistance welding leakage.
3) Two lines of one modules is bright at the same time(one of lines is normal, the other lines is bright all the time when display text.
Please check if corresponding two lines is short-circuit or not.
4) The first half or the second half , red or green do not light or do not display properly, it is lack of color for each module, please check 245 R.G B output is ok or not.
Check the normal output of 595 feet and abnormal 595 feet is passed or not
To see whether input feet is ok or GND, +5 V is short-circuit or not.
1. Whole screen does not work (black screen)
(1) Check power supply
(2) Check signal connection (cat5,DVI cable) (synchronous screen)
(3) If synchronous screen, check the green led of sending card and receiving card whether it is twinkling or not.
(4) Check the monitor of PC whether it is protected as black,or screen display area is black or pure blue. (synchronous screen)
2.Whole LED module does not work(black module)
(1) Successive modules in horizontal do not work, please check the ribbon cable between the normal unit module and unnormal unit module whether it is connectted or not, or replace the first module from right side when facing the screen.
(2) Successive moudels in vertical do not work,please check the power supply of all the modules.
3.One row lamps of module does not work.
(1) Check this row whether connecting to output pin of 4953.
(2) Check 138 encoder.
(3) Check 4953.
(4) Check Vcc and GND of 4953.
(5) Check output of 74HC138 and 4953's controlling pin whether connectted or not.
4.Unit module doesn't work.
(1) Check 595 normal or not.
(2) Checking the up and down moudle corresponded common pin connect or not.
(3) Check 595 output pin to moudle pin connect or not.
5.One color lacked in half or whole LED panel.
(1) Check 245 R, G, B data output.
(2) Check normal 595 output pin and unmormal 595 input pin whether it is connectted well or not.
1. Phenomenon: the whole display is flickering.
Problem: signal poor connection.
Solution: re-fix or re-connect signal cable.
2. Phenomenon: dusky LED
Problem: The volage of switching power supply is unconsistent with LED voltage tag.
Solution: make sure the volage of swtiching power supply is consistent with LED. voltage tag.¡¡
3. Phenomenon: partial LEDs do not work.
A. contact direction correct or not.
B. power output wiring correct or not.
C. power wire anti-inserted or connectted inversely.
A. re-connect in a correct way.
B. ensure the red wire connect the positive pole,black wire connect the negative pole.
C. check partial the wrong connection , re-connect.
4. Phenomenon: all LEDs do not work
A. no output of the switching power supply.
B. wrong power connection.
A.connect the power switch input and test.
B. check the positive and negative pole of the power supply whether it is right or not.
The LED display business , that started with around 1987 , has become the one with scale after decades' development . Currentlly , the LED display manufacturers are becoming more and more with some outstanding ones . Just by their efforts , the LED dislplay business flourished . The 21th century is the century fulled with panel display products . LED display , as one of the main products , will be bound to have a prosperous future . LED display is a electronic monitor combined with many hi-tech technologies , such as computer technology , data processing technology , electron technology and colourimetry. Generally speaking , LED display can be devided to single color display , dual color display and full color display .
Single color display is the one that constituted by single color LED lamps , only one single color can be showing . The one that constituted by red and green LED lamps is called dual display . The one that constituted by red , green and blue LED lamps is called full color or tri-color display . As the continuously increase of the green LED lamp brightness , full color LED display is popularized and promoted with a fast space . Especially the success of the application of Beijing for Olympic Games , which sponsored "Environmental Olympic" , promoted the development of full color LED display . Full color LED display also can be sub-divided to Indoor and Outdoor , now let's introduce some common used phrases in full color LED display :
Pixel: It is composed by three color LED lamps , they are red , green and blue . Based on different combination method , it also includes the following kinds , 1R1G1B , 2R1G1B and 2R2G1B and so on , which is the basic unit for a full color LED display to show contents . Gray Scale: It is the brightness fineness that a LED display can be adjusting . Generally speaking , the color will be more rich while the gray scale is higher . There are two driving methods for a LED display to change the color , one is to change the current . Generally speaking , in order to guarranty the LED's ability of anti-attenuation , it will be better to set the display's working current to be under 20mA . Another method to control the gray scale is to use human eyes'visual inert. Human eyes' senseness to the average brightness is depends on the duty cycle , that is to say as soon as the period of duty cycle is short enough , huma eyes can not distinguish the difference between attenuation and extinguish.
Generally speaking , the pixel pitch for indoor used LED display is 2-12mm , between them 2-8mm are the ones with TOP SMD technology or the newly developed sub-table paste technology . The pixel pitch for outdoor used LED display is 14-26mm , between them 20mm display is the most mainstream one based on the development of green LED lamp brightness. After decades' development , domestic LED display manufacturers has gotten a great progress in LED display making . But there is still a big gap comparing with the developed countries in Europe and North American , especially the most important parts , such as LED encapsulation and design . Our company , Dicolor, has been devoted our mind to study LED lamps' light . Now we have a professional team fulled with elites engaged in LED searching for a long time , they summed some solutions for LED light and color matching . Now we would like to share it with all of you and hope it will be helpful to the development of the full color LED display technology .
LED light matching is a set of technology which includes the chip's K-factory management , the control of encapsulation technology , the adjustment of white balance and the optical design of LED lens . Now please see the following statement separately , The companies for chip's K-factory management controlled strictly for the mass produced chips , and set the specific data base for every item , from which we can see the detailed information about every produced item . Also all the data will be filed and analyzed systematically , thus we will have the detailed bills for all the chips . So we can control the chip production from the beginning , then calculate out intensively the specification of the chips what we need , especially the production of the parts for full color LED display , the control on chip is much more strict as we need to not only meet the customers' requirement on brightness , but also to solve , from the viewer of customers , the questions possible appeared during white balance adjustment . Under this way, we need to not only meet the requirements on wavelength and brightness , but also pay more attention to the following two points : one is the brightness of the produced displays need to be normal distributed , the color should not be interrupted , the wavelength should be the same , the chip's average wavelength and the chip quantity of every board should be listed out when they are beginning to be production , also should be analyzed by PC , for example using a column diagram , to make sure the distribution of the chip's wavelength is normally . If the attention to the upper processes is not enough , it will be very difficult to adjust the white balance just because of the un-normal distribution of LED chip's brightness and wavelength .
The control of the encapsulation technology . There are many unique features for full color LED display's LED chip encapsulation. The first thing we need to do is to control the raw materials strictly. If the LED quality is not so good , it will be very easy for the LED lamps to go to broken just because of the environment that the display is working in is always very bad , eight constant high temperature or constant very low temperature , as well as the long-term corrosion from the rain . Now we have a set of advanced devices to inspect the raw materials to meet the requirement of controlling the raw materials strictly. The good quality copper pins , with the ability of good ability of heat and electricity conducting , can increase in a great degree the LED lamp's thermal resistance . In addition , we also have a special regulation on the pin's clad layer to make sure the product quality. In order to increase the brightness , we processed the LED lamp pins with matt finishing technology . On the question of epoxide resin , we choose especially the high Tg glue which can resistant UV . On the technology of toasting , after many many times' experiments , we increased the Tg value of the glue , so the reliability of the products will be increased greatly .
White balance design . According to the customers' requirement , we summarized a set of calculation methods . As soon as the customers can provide us the needed brightness and pixel pitch , we can provide them a perfect solution for light matching . At first , I would like to introduce several terms and definitions . White balance : It is the process to adjust the three colors(red , green and blue) to be a supposed white .
Two parts need to be adjusted , color and brightness . 1: Setting the regular terms : temperature , voltage and power supply cable . 2: Setting the color's target effect and scale(tolerance) , which normally means the color's X and Y value . 3: Adjusting the white balance. The brightness value of the mixed colors is equal to the total values of every single color brightness, which called Brithtness Adding Law . The lights with the same outside appearance , no matter if their spectrum elements are the same or not , have the same effect after mixed . That is to say , all the colors that have the same visual effect have the same value . In this way , another law can be summarized , that is Color Substitution Law . If we use (C) to represent the the unit of the matched color , (R)(G)(B) for the units of the single red , green and blue color before mixing, R, G, B, C for the quantity of the single red , green and blue color , as well as the matched color , when the match is met.
C(C) R(R) G(G) B(B) means the visual equal, R, G, B are the represented qualtity , they can be negative value .
Please see the below diagram: Let's introduce Center of Balance Law. In the picture , B means color 1, G means color 2, R means color 3 , C means the mixed color of G and R, W means the mixed color of B and C . In fact , it is just a white balance diagram , by thinking C as the mixed color of green and red , we will find it locates approximately in the yellow area . If we re-mix C and blue color, we can get white color.
Please see the formula: B=X1+Y1+Z1C=X2+Y2+Z2
X1, Y1, Z1; X2, Y2, Z2 mean the values of blue and C mixed . So the Center of Balance Law formula is : CM/BM=B/C=(X1+Y1+Z1) /(X2+Y2+Z2)
That is to say , it is a inverse ratio between CM distance and C value , if the C value is larger , the CM distance will be shorter . It is the same as making incandescent lamp , the color will be yellower if the fluorescent powder is more . Please see the below calculation method : 1. At first we need to change the area lights to point light to get the brightness value of W point . We know the unit of light is Nit (cd/m2) , and that of the brightness is mcd.
1. Find the coordinates value after R and G colors mixed (Knowing the coordinates value of R, G, B, W points, we can calculate out the coordinates value of C point by calculating the coordinate of the line extended by the BW straight line).
2. The IV value of C point can be calculated out according to the Center of Balance Law (the IV value of W point is given).
3. The IV value of B, G, R points can be calculated out according to the law of complementary colors.
1. The needed currency value of R/G/B lamps during working can be calculated out , but it is an approximate one because of the below factors:
a. The ratio between IV and currency is not absolutely direct .
b. The known IV and WD values are average ones , so when we are adjusting the white balance , we can not following this value absolutely , we need to do a bit adjustment according to the real situation . Maybe you will think the above method is too professional and complicated , we still have another more simple method for your reference . As we know , in order to get a mixed white color, the color matching rate of R/G/B is 3:6:1. We can calculate out the brightness value for every single color's LED lamps according to this ratio . For example , one customer need a P16mm outdoor full color LED display with the brightness of 5000Nit , then we can calculate the needed brightness value for every color's LED lamp .
c. Calculating the pixel quantity of every square meter as below : 1m2/(16mmX16mmX10-6)= 3906pcs/©O
2. The brightness value for every pixel = 5000Nit/3906pcs/m2=1.28cd/m2
3. If the color constitution ratio is 1:1:1, the brightness value for every pixel can be calculated by the following method :
So we got the answer so quickly , isn¡¯t it fast ? But we can just get an estimated value by the upper method , and we need to pay more attention to one point , that is it is better for us to increase the brightness value by 30% . The basic requirement on the brightness to show a clear picture under sunlight is 5000Nit , after 30% increasing, it will be 6500Nit . The reason is that after inserting the LED lamp on the PCB board , a layer of black glue will be added on the face of the board , pulsing the effect of the attenuation of the brightness after aging test , the LED brightness will be lowered .
The optical design of Lens. LED is a very accurate optical system. It will be a perfect design only with accurate match between LED cup , chip and Lens . Generally speaking , many LED encapsulation factories did not notice the importance of this point , it is also one of the most important reasons that our LED display technology can not compete against the ones from the countries in Europe and North American . After long-term's analysis, we realize that , in order to make sure the every color LED lamp's brightness scale to be ±90 degree absolutely, it is necessary to adopt different optical Lens with the reason of differences of chip materials , the thickness of every layer , index of refraction and the facula of the bare chip between red chip and green or blue chip .
Static screen is corresponding to the scan screen, static screen is the LED display in the display text, images, video, LED lights on display is lighted at the same time; it is not like the scan screen to use the person eye's temporary characteristics,Scan screen instead of using the human eye as the visual characteristics of temporary stay, to light each line of Led screen separately. As we all know, led display is drived by room ratio, the brightness is related to the light time. So, if the same brightness of Led, the brightness of static screen is more than scan screen. Therefore, a static screen is used for high-brightness and outdoor display, and scan screen commonly use for scanning screen which do not need the high brightness to save the driver cost.
However, with the LED materials technology is developed continuesly, brightness of LED is improved continuously. In order to save the cost, outdoor display also use scan driver. Of course, the high request for the control and driver when use scan driver for outdoor led display, also request the very high performance chips.
What need to be considered when deciding the size of the LED display?
1) What is the minimum watching distance and then decide the size of the display according to the actual space.
2) Pixel pitch and resolution
3) The space for installation and maintainence
4) The angle from the display to the ground
What content do you want to show?
1) TEXT. Based on the size of the text and the resolution need.
2) Normal video.320 x 240 dot matrix
3) Number standard DVD display: ≥640 x 480 dot matrix
4) Complete computer video: ≥800 x 600 dot matrix
What are the requirements for the led display brightness according to the Environmental brightness?
General requirement for the brightness are as follows:
2) Semi indoor: >2000CD/M2
3) Outdoor( facing North):>4000 CD/M2
4) Outdoor( facing south):>8000CD/M2
Requirement for the brightness of RED, GREEN and BLUE when show white.
RED, GREEN, BULE plays different role when showing white. The fundamental reason is due to the human eye retina has different feeling for different wavelengths of light. After a large number of experiments and rest, we come to the following ratio for the reference: Simple red-green-blue light ratio: RGB 3:6:1 accurate brightness ratio: 3.0:5.9:1.1
Why the high quality led screen requires pure green led?
In the production of the led screen, we should use the trichromatic LED lamp with high lunimous efficiency and rich color. So that in the chromaticity diagram of color in the triangle area and near the tongue as far as possible in the color spectrum curve, to meet the needs of rich color and the issue of sufficient brightness and the tongue-shaped curve for the 515nm wavelength of light best, so high-end LED screen selected wavelength close to 515nm pure green LED light pipes, such as the choice of 520nm, 525nm or 530nm wavelength LED light tube.
When you know the brightness and the resolution, how to calculate the brightness of a single led?
Caculate as follows: (2R1G1B)
Red LED brightness: brightness(CD)/ M2/dots/M2 x 0.3/2
Green LED brightness: brightness(CD)/M2/dots/M2 x 0.6
Blue LED brightness: brightness(CD)/M2/dots/M2 x 0.1
E.G : 2500dots/sqm, 2R1G1B, brightness per sqm is 5000 CD/M2
so red led brightness is as follows: 5000/2500 x 0.3/2=0.3 green LED brightness :5000/2500 x 0.6/2=1.2 blue led brightness:5000/2500 x 0.1=0.2
brightness of a single pixle :0.3 x 2+1.2+0.2=2.0 CD
Why choose DVI graphics card standard interface?
1) DVI graphics card interface is in line with international standards for the computer interface
2) No need to open the chassis, can be easily installed;
3) High-memory and strong dynamic screen display capability
4) Good compatibility of hardware and software
5) Supports all operating systems and application software
6) High-volume production, low cost, easy maintenance.
Can the display be controlled with Laptop?
no, Laptop's graphics card is built-in, there is no DVI port, can not be achieved in connection with the control system.
What are the differences of NICHIA chip and othe domestic led chip except price?
1) Chip: Nichia company produce their chip independedtly while the domestic company always use the chips from America or Taiwan.
2) Packaging: Nichia company packaging independently, no branch factory in China.But for the domestic chip, there are many factories do the packaging.
3) Consistency: for the Nichia led in one lot, the wavelength has little difference, But for the domestic led, consistency is relatively poor
4) Life span: Nichia led has relarively longer life span, Domestic led attenuate faster.
Indoor full-color module and SMD full-color display, What is the difference?
1) light-emitting parts: the module full color screen display is generally green, the price of pure green module is higher; SMD generally use pure green chip;
2) image quality: full-color pixel module looks rough, low brightness and there always mosaic;SMD full color led display has better consistency and higher brightness;
3) maintenance: full-color module is not easy to maintain. The cost of replacing the entire module is high; the SMD full-color module is easy to maintain, maintenance can be carried out by replacing a single lamp;
Can the SMD used for outdoor display? Why?
No. Outdoor screen has high demand of installation and structure, SMD LED unable to adapt to the harsh outdoor environment; at present SMD display can not to meet brightness requirements of outdoor display
Why it takes longer time to produce outdoor display?
1) procurement of raw materials: purchasing the led takes long time, specially when you have to import , it takes even longer time.
2) the complexity of production process: subject to PCB design, production casing, irrigation plastic, tune white balance, etc.;
3) the structure of demanding: the general design for the box, need to consider wind, rain, lightning and so on.
How to help customers choosing the right display?
1) what need to be shown?
2) viewing distance and viewing angle
3) resolution requirement
4) requirement of environment
5) cost control
What is the genaral ratio of width and hight for the display?
Picture and text: subject to what you want to show.
Video display: normmaly it is 4:3 or near this proportion. Ideal proportion is 16:9
How many pixels can one control system control?
Communications screen Card A: single color, dual color 1024 x 64
Communications screen Card B: single color: 896x512, two color;896x 256
DVI dual color display:12801x768. DVI full color led display: 1024x512
what are the factors to consider when design the size of the screen?
when design the size of the display, there are 3 factors very important.
1) the needs of displaying content
2) space limitation
3) according to the module size and resolution
More than 10 kilowatts buck should start screen equipment.
Communication requirements: communication distance is long for the definition of communication.
To be installed to display the type of communication lines used by the length of the standard to install communications lines.
The prohibition of communication lines and power lines in the same pipe line alignment.
Installation requirements: about the level of the installation screen does not allow backward - to the installation of lifting up and down adjustment rod - wall to be installed before installing forward off hook - landing position to increase support for the installation of bolts.
Indicators display power consumption and power requirements of what?
Screen is divided into the average power consumption of the power consumption and maximum power consumption. Also known as the work of the average power consumption is usually the actual power consumption. Power consumption is the largest start-or full-bright at the time of extreme circumstances, such as power consumption, maximum power is AC power supply (wire, switches, etc.) must take into account the elements. Average power consumption is generally the largest power of 1/3. Display is a large-scale precision electronic equipment, safe use and reliable to work, its power supply input AC220V or AC220V power supply connected to the computer¡¯s input must be grounded. Note: The computer¡¯s power supply input AC220V grounding terminal connected with the computer chassis.
Display of the installation requirements?
Power requirements: power supply wiring should be in the body size of the screen 220V electricity power supply, FireWire grounding line 0 line; 380V electricity supply, the three 10-line ground line of fire line; the front lines with the 0-line the same wire cross-sectional area; more than 10 kilowatts buck should start screen equipment. Communication requirements: communication distance is long for the definition of communication. Installed to display the type of communication lines used by the length of the standard to install communications lines. Prohibition of communication lines and power lines in the same pipe line alignment. Installation requirements: about the level of the installation screen, do not allow the dumping after the lifting rod to regulate the installation of up and down before the installation of wall mounted hook falling forward landing position to increase support for the installation of bolts.
What issues should be considered for outdoor screen design and installation ?
The main issues of outdoor screens are as follows:
1) Screen installed in the outdoor sun and rain often, the wind dust cover, the work environment. Electronic equipment to be wet or damp can cause serious short-circuit or even fire, and even lead to failure of fire, resulting in losses;
2) Screen may be caused by strong electric lightning attack Magnetic;
3) Significant changes in ambient temperature. Display the work itself should have a certain amount of heat, if the ambient temperature and the heat is too high and non-performing, integrated circuits may not work correctly, and even burned down, so that shows that the system does not work;
4) Wide audience, require line-of-sight distance requirements of wide field of vision; ambient light changes, in particular, may be subject to direct sunlight.
The special requirements of the above, outdoor display must be:
1) Screen body and the screen body and architecture must be strictly waterproof junction leakage; screen body in order to provide good drainage measures, in the event of a smooth water emissions; (2) and building on the screen to install lightning protection devices. The main screen and the casing to maintain a good grounding, grounding resistance is less than 3 ohms, so that high current caused by lightning discharge in time;
3) The installation of ventilation to cool the screen so that the internal body temperature of -10 ℃ ~ 40 ℃ between. Screen behind the body above the axial fan is installed, from the heat;
4) Choice of working temperature -40 ℃ ~ 80 ℃ industrial level integrated circuit chip, the temperature is too low to prevent the winter so that the screen could not be activated. ;
5) In order to ensure a strong ambient light in the case of remote visualization, we must choose ultra-high brightness light-emitting diodes;
6) Shows that the new optional wide angle medium tube, wide angle, color pure, consistent coordination, more than 100,000 hours life. Show that the outer packaging for the media the most popular along with over a square cylinder, silicone sealed, non-metal assembly; its refined aesthetic appearance, sturdiness and durability, with the anti-direct sunlight, dust-proof, waterproof, anti-high temperature, anti-short-circuit the "Five Anti" feature.
Outdoor LED display board, which is made by high bright LED lamps, also like indoor LED display, can display whatever the formatted text, graphic, animation, real-time information and anything that can be showed on the computer monitor. The pitch size can be 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 16mm, 18mm, 20mm, 22mm, 25mm, 31.25mm, 37.5mm, 40mm, 44mm, etc. The outdoor LED display function is same as indoor LED display, only the application place is different, one is for indoor which intensity will be lower, and not waterproof, one is for outdoor which intensity will be higher and waterproof.
There are many advantages, such as high bright, long life, work statable, use in wide range, etc., and installed widely in the market, hotel, stadium, airport, transport station, in-tunnel, stock exchange, school etc, to show the notice, advertisement, news, weather and something special information from customer.
We have the easy-use software for the LED Display Board, which is of Windows interface, to edit the display mode of photo, video and information at your will. And control the display board freely. At the same time, the brightness of the display board can be control by the software according to the lighting of site.
In addition, we supply the function of GPRS (Introduction later). Every customer can update the information by the computer which is connected internet.
In one word, the LED display board is the combination of advanced system and modern display. More and more customer will use by its function and convenient control.
Indoor LED display board, which is made by high bright SMD LED or dot matrix LED module, can display whatever the formatted text, graphic, animation, real-time information and anything that can be showed on the computer monitor. This new modern information display product is gathered with the technology of micro-electron, photoelectron, computer, and information disposal.
Various dimension of LED Light can be supplied, such as: 3mm, 3.75mm, 5mm, 8mm, 10mm, etc. , and wonderful standard clearly color, including single (red / green / yellow / white) or tri-color ( red, green and amber) or full colors product. Other special one, such as blue, is custom-made. The pitch size can be 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 7.62mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, etc.
Instruction of IP (Conform EN60529/IEC529)
Instruction of protection Level (according to EN60529/IEC529)
Protection level IP54, IP is the mark, number 5 is the first marking number, 4 is the second marking number, the first marking number means the contact potection level, the second mark number means the water proof level, contact protection and anti external force (first number) water-proof level(second number).
First number protection area
Second number protection area
0 no protection
1 protection from 50mm diameter and big thing. Diameter 50mm. No damage from the vertical dropping water
2 protection from 12.5mm diameter and big external thing. Diameter 12.5mm. No damage from the dropping water for an angle of 15 degree. No damage from the vertical droping water.
3 protection from 2.55mm diameter and big external thing. Diameter 2.5mm. No damage from the dropping water with angle 60 degree.
4 protection from 1.0mm diameter and big external thing. Diameter 1.0mm. No damage from the dropping water with any angle
5 Anti dust, impossible complete anti dust. But no damage to the equipment.
6 Anti dust, with an air compress of 20mpa, no dust can enter the cabinet. water pull from every angle can not cause any damage. No enter of the detector into the cabinet. Short time water proof when drank in the water.
8 Protection long time water drank. Water drank under certain condition. The volumn should not exceed a certain quantity which can cause a damage.
water proof test
Water proof test should include the second digit from 1 to 8, which protection level is 1P x 1 to IP x 8
2. Experiment content for protection of different level. (1)IPX1
Method: vertial vater dropping experiment.
Experiment equipment: water dropping experiment equipment and its experiment method. Please refer to 2.11.
Sample mounting: put it on the normal position on the rotating sample position(1r/min). the distance between the water dropping place and the sample top should not exceed 200mm.
Experiment condition: droping volume is 0.5 mm/minute
Lasting time: 10minutes (2)IPX2
Method: 15degree water dropping experiment
Experiment equipment: water dropping experiment equipment and its experiment method. Please refer to 2.11.
Sample mounting: put one side of a cabinet to be 15 degree vertically. The distance between the water dropping position and sample top should not exceed 200mm. Change one side after finished one side. Totally 4 times.
Test condition: water drop 0.5mm/min
Test time: 4 x 2.5minutes(total 10 minutes) (3)IPX3
Method: water sprinting experiment
a. Throwing water springting experiment.
Test equipment: throwing water spraying experiment equipment( please reafer chapter 2.14 for the drawing and method)
Sample mounting: choose tube with proper diameter. Put the sample on radius of the mounting place. Make sure the distance between the sample and the spray head not exceed 200mm. No rotation.
Test condition: over flow rate: each output 0.07L/min. when spray water, from the middle point , with an angle of 60degree. The sample was mounted on the middle of the circle.
Constant water springting for 10 minutes b. Sprining water experiment
Equipment: manual water sprinting equiment, please refer to the chapter 2.14 in this book.
Sample mounting : the horizental distance between the top and the hand is 300mm to 500mm.
Experiment condition: must install a board with a balance for weighing, water flow is 10L/minutes
Experiment time: calculated according to the area of the cabinet shell. 1min per sqm( not include the installation area.(4)IPX4
Method: water pulling test
Thriving water pulling test
Equipment and sample position: same as the 3 above
Experiment condition: same as the condtion a of 3 IPX3.
The spring area is with a 90 degree angle, then spring to the ample which is mountintg in the middle of the circle.
Experiment time: same as the number 3 and a of IPX 3 ( 10minutes) (5)IPX5
Method: water spring experiment
Experiment Equipment: diameter of spring tube is 6.3mm, refer to 2.14 in this book
Experiment condition: distance from the sample to the tube is 2.5-3m the water flow is 12.5L/minute
Experiment time: according to the area of the cabinet shell. 1min/sqm (not include the installation area) at least 3 min.(6)IPX6
Method: high instensity water springing experiment
Experiment Equipment: diameter of water tube is 12.5mm, refer to the 2.14 chapter
Experiment: distance from the sample to the tube is 2.5-3m the water flow is 100L/minute (7)IPX7
Method: short time water drank experiment
Experiment equipment, condition: water tank, distance from the bottom of sample to the surface of the water should be 1m at least.
Experiment time: 30min
Method: constant water drank experiment
Experiment equipment, condition and time: negotiable by both side. Higher demand than IPX7